Reflecting back to a year ago as I read through previous posts, private journal entries and summoned memories, I concluded that I am better off in my current moments than in the past already lived times. Better. More. Good progress.
And then the devil’s advocate side of me chimes in, challenging the notion of words such as better and more. Judgment calls, really. Getting my attention, this wily provocateur continues with growing insistence stating that all experiences are just that ~ experiences. Life lessons if you will. Or maybe even simpler yet, life in any given moment. Why, this slightly miffed one asks, do we mere mortals insist upon grading life’s happenings as if only happy contentment is the holy grail. Life is not meant to be a jazzed up cabaret, my dear, this ruffian extols.
Growing weary of my now ranting inner nemesis I say, not so kindly, Shut Up. Shut the F up and get out of my inner sanctuary ~ at least for this moment. Because in this moment Mister Insister of Multifaceted Existence, you are bringing me down. Muddying the waters. You see, I agree with what I believe to be your basic premise ~ all experiences hold value. I further agree with your assertion that…
Yada yada yada.
Blah Blah Blah.
You see this morning, Mister Advocate, I am not into deep philosophical preponderances. I was going another route of simple reflection and simpler yet gratitude. So back to the beginning of my thoughts I go where I was saying that every aspect of my life is better than 12 months ago.
- The vertigo condition, although still with me, is more manageable and being treated;
- I am working in my chosen professional field and making a financial living;
- My living space is 200% improved;
- There’s major progress made in sorting out an “it’s complicated” relationship;
- An easing and deepening of familial ties;
- Closer and more meaningful friendships with local friends;
- New friendships that enhance my life;
- A renewed spiritual awakening and daily practice;
- A change in diet, while difficult, is much healthier and life sustaining;
~ more ~ better ~
~ much progress ~