While I have been away from my blog, I have filled my time with things other than writing and for that matter, now that I think about it, I also took a hiatus from anything that smacked of creativity. In the big scheme of living, the time off/away was short and one’s creative juices are not always flowing like a veritable river anyway.
In hindsight, I realize that this time out has been richly filled with learning moments, some ah-ha’s (not always of the positive nature), and commonsensical sorts of stuff. Here’s just a smattering of what I talk of:
- when attempting to suck the biggest black spider one has ever set eyes on, that happens to be esconsed in its incredibly strong spider woven cocoon, into an already too full electric floor sweeper, screaming vulgar language does not seem helpful. Instead, saying repeatedly “get in there, please oh please oh please oh please, get in there” provides more assistance.
- when traveling to Nevada’s Biggest Little City, Reno, for two nights and almost three days, it would be best to take more than a pair of olive drab cotton capris pants, one pair of rolled up blue jeans (non-designer brand), a faded orangey tie-dyed t-shirt, and a 15 year-old short sleeved v-neck black cotton top. Cuz golly gee whiz almighty, one might actually want to meet the dress codes of the nightly entertainment spots. Just maybe.
- even when underdressed (a true understatement – no pun originally intended), when in the Biggest Little Sin City, shrug off any embarrassment and party like a rock star anyway.
- it is possible to cram three full grown adults into one tiny photo button booth.
- it is not really that possible to obtain a photo of all three full grown big human faces;
- but an awful lot of belly laughs can be purchased for that $3 bucks of fun.